Mr. Winograd passed the public examination for certification as Public Translator and Commercial Interpreter organised by the Board of Trade of the State of Rio de Janeiro in 2009 placed 3rd in the overall ranking for the English language, with the highest grades for Portuguese/English translation and with top marks for the oral examination. Since 2010, Mr. Winograd has been providing Portuguese/English and English/Portuguese sworn or conventional translation services and consecutive or simultaneous interpreting services.
From 2009 to 2011, as independent consultant:
- Mr. Winograd worked (2009-2011) for Gestora de Recebíveis Tetto Habitação S.A. as ombudsman and advisor on the creation of a quality management system as per ISO9001:2008 rules;
- Mr. Winograd prepared economic feasibility analyses for the 290 million real Blue Center and Royal Blue real estate projects in Rio de Janeiro and gives ongoing advice for developer Catisa Empreendimentos e Participações Ltda;
- Mr. Winograd prepared an economic feasibility analysis for a pilot solar power plant for developer Limpa Energias.
From 2005 to 2008 at Gestora de Recebíveis Tetto Habitação S.A., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As the company’s CFO, Mr. Winograd led a team of 12 professionals and was responsible for all treasury, accounting and quality management activities.
From January 2002 to February 2005: independent consultant; some significant projects:
quality assessment of the financial assets of PRECE, pension fund of the employees of Rio de Janeiro’s state owned water and sewage company
- reorganisation of the Finance Department of POSTALIS, pension fund of the employees of Brazil’s Post Office
- quality assessment of the investment management of PREVI, pension fund of the employees of Banco do Brasil
- advice to US based CMS Energy in the economic evaluation and divestiture of its electricity distribution assets in Brazil
- study (written in English) on the scarcity of credit for small and medium enterprises in Brazil for DAI Brasil, local affiliate of US consulting company Development Alternatives Inc. – DAI
- assistance to the University of Maryland in its field study on credit sources for small and medium companies in Brazil
- financial modeling of the 700 million real Ceará Steel Project
- lecturer of Financial Management and Transparency in the postgraduate course on Strategic Management for Non-Governmental Organisations offered by Faculdade Salesiana of Vitória, Espírito Santo, Brazil
From 2000 to 2001: Fundação Sistel de Seguridade Social, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As Control Superintendent of the pension fund of the employees of Brazil’s largest telecom company, Oi, Mr. Winograd led a team of three professionals and answered for the institution in the absence of the Director. He was a member of the Committee that decided the institution’s investments and strategic planning. Mr. Winograd was responsible for daily control of (i) cash flow, (ii) compliance with federal and institutional investment rules and policies, and (iii) levels of risk and return of a 2 billion real investment portfolio. In addition to his usual duties at Sistel, Mr. Winograd represented the pension fund at the Administration Board of a company of which Sistel was a shareholder
From 1999 to 2000: Banco BRJ S/A, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As Assistant to the President, Mr. Winograd was a member of the Executive Committee that decided the institution’s investments. Mr. Winograd was responsible for daily control of cash flow and preparation of a 550 million real debt restructuring plan.
From 1995 to 1999: Worldinvest Empreendimentos, Consultoria e Participações Ltda., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As Manager and later Partner, Mr. Winograd led a team of three analysts. He was responsible for project/company economic appraisal. Some significant projects led by Mr. Winograd were the appraisals
- of the one billion real Ferronorte railway project (for a consortium of pension funds);
- of the 500 million real Ferronorte/Novoeste merger;
- of the 200 million real Fepasa railway company privatisation.
From 1996 to 1997, in addition to his usual duties at Worldinvest, Mr. Winograd was the Administrative Director of Ouromin, a mining company of which Worldinvest was a shareholder in partnership with foreign entrepreneurs. He was in charge of creating the company and managing its resources during a transitional period preceding the transfer of the company’s headquarters to Brasília.
From 1991 to 1995: Banco BRJ S/A, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As Assistant to the Board of Directors, and in co-operation with other institutions, Mr. Winograd worked as an advisor to the National Privatisation Programme in the privatisation of the federal railway network (RFFSA) and of a computer manufacturer (Cobra Computadores).
From 1989 to 1991: Senso Stock Brokers Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As Analyst, and later Head of the Technical Department, Mr. Winograd was responsible for the administration of clients’ and the company’s portfolios.